Portland Marathon Event Directors Conference
Portland, OR | 2018 Date TBD
The most valuable conference in the industry!
The Portland EDC in October will be postponed to April in Charleston, SC hosted by Cooper River Bridge Run and will return to Portland next October. Due to the late permitting of a newly selected course by the City of Portland we have decided it is critical to be 100% available to the Course Committee during the days leading up to the Event.
We warmly invite you to come join us the weekend of Oct 6-8. We will host a VIP reception on Friday Oct 6th and a VIP finish area experience race day, Oct 8. We will have reduced rate hotel rooms at the Hilton and a list of available assignments if you are able to roll up your sleeves and fill a position to support the Event on race day. All who join us will receive a FREE entry into a 2018 EDC Event, Charleston or Oregon. Email email@example.com for more information.
An interactive and educational experience, this conference features a panel Q&A format with breakout sessions where the details of how to put on an event are discussed. Expert panelists review critical issues for events large and small, including: Politics & City Issues, Volunteer Programs, Sponsorships, Organization, Management, Financial Models, Legal Issues, Technology, Medical and more. This conference is hosted by the Portland Marathon.
Our panel of experienced event directors and experts guarantees a conference that's the best event-related and hands-on exchange in the industry. It's a conference you will not want to miss! Please note: As in past years, to ensure the most successful and instructional event, we are limiting enrollment. Sign up early!
Why you can't miss this conference:
- Panelists are top event directors & industry experts willing to share their insider knowledge
- Conference attendees are encouraged to join in dialogue & ask questions on any topic
- Attendance is capped at 120 attendees for best learning experience
- Evening networking dinners or receptions bring conference panelists & attendees together
- Conferences are coupled with top quality events to allow “inside look” opportunities
- Unique sponsorship & exhibitor opportunities available (space is limited)
Panelists & Speakers
- Jeff Curtis, CEO, Portland Rose Festival Foundation
- Steve Hamilton, President Hamilton Events
- Rich Harshbarger, CEO, Running USA
- Wally Kastner, Past Event Director, Big Sur International Marathon & Carmel Half
- Scott Keenan, Former Event Director, Grandma’s Marathon
- Gary Kutscher, Race Director, The OC Marathon
- Patrice Matamoros, Race Director, Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
- Rick Nealis, Race Director, Marine Corps Marathon
- Beth Salinger, Endurance Marketing, Chief Event Officer
- Les Smith, Event Director, Portland Marathon
- Julian Smith, Event Director, Cooper River Bridge Run
- Mamie Wheeler, Portland Marathon Medical Director & Assistant Event Director
A limited number of Sponsor/Exhibitor spaces are available in the Trade Exhibit Room for Exhibitor supplied display, adjoining the conference (full access to all participants). Please preview sponsorship information here and contact Mamie to reserve your space before they sell out: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an alumni of the Portland Marathon Event Directors College?
As an alumni you are welcome to join our Portland Marathon Event Directors College Facebook Group. This group is open to alumni of our conference and is a place to interact and continue the conversation!